Senior App Developer (React Native)
Thriday is a revolutionary new platform that combines everything a business needs to grow into one seamless and automated solution, which leverages AI & ML fed by a real-time stream of data. No legacy systems, no antiquated technology - just a fresh new approach that is completely serverless. Moving beyond microservices into nanoservices, in a highly scalable environment, we are already well beyond where most banks and fintechs are.
Thriday acts like a CFO in your pocket, providing the fastest way for small businesses to manage their banking, accounting and tax obligations, helping to win back time for busy business owners to plan for their future with real confidence.
We had a record-breaking capital raise, crowdfunding a greater amount than any Australian technology company on record with over 500 investors, including major VCs and many small businesses. We’re a highly organised and efficient startup, that is product-led and customer-led. If you care about building great products that can help people, we would love to speak with you!
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for a super talented Senior React Native app developer who is ready to test their skills and help us build the bank of the future. In this role you will be empowered to contribute to our technical direction and work closely with internal teams and external partners. We want you to bring your own ideas to the table, and to have a critical voice in the direction of both the product and the company.
To succeed in this role we are looking for someone who applies a high-level of craftsmanship to the job, has a pixel perfect attitude, and is passionate about the work they do. You must be an effective communicator, a strong team player and someone who loves building quality software. You must be agile in mindset and practice. We have a huge vision so it’s not for the faint hearted.
- Preferably, a bachelor or above degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years working in React Native and designing for both Android and iOS apps
- Experience with native development on Android and iOS platforms
- Exposure to TypeScript
- Understanding of REST APIs, the document request model, and offline storage
- Proficiency in mobile app security best practices (OAuth / OpenID)
- Experience with Figma, Visual Studio Code, Azure DevOps and Git repos highly valued
- Lead the development of our React Native mobile apps
- Work collaboratively with our product and design teams to build an app people rave about
- Build pixel-perfect, silky smooth UIs across Android and iOS mobile platforms
- Bring a sense of acumen to the product by proactively identifying improvements and options
- Leverage native APIs for deep integrations with both platforms
- Work with the cloud technical lead and back-end developers to integrate with various web services
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure that the product meets our company goals
- Collaborate with UX and app developers to create shared, reusable UI components
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance bottlenecks for performance that feels native
- Quality assurance testing, bug fixing and improving application performance
What success looks like
In the first month, you will get into the core of product, building a strong knowledge base, and identifying improvements both to the product and how we build and ship quality code. We want your fresh perspectives and best-in-class practices to permeate throughout the engineering team.
In the next few months, you will start executing against our North Star objectives, elevating our product to the next level and leading the launch of our exciting roadmap of new features. Most importantly, you will become a key focal point of our organisation, and a key component of our future success.
You will be directly reporting to the Lead Software Engineer/Architect and work closely with our CTO, Chief Data Officer, and Head of Product and will act as both a mobile development and UI expert. Your valued input and ideas will positively impact the current and future operations of the company.
At Thriday we really value our employees and strive to continuously provide the best benefits which we are constantly adding to:
- Standard five weeks annual leave (25 days) per year. This gives you enough time to refresh, recharge and be your best self.
- We offer an additional 5 days of “life leave” which can be used for when life gets busy (moving house, mental health days, menstruation days etc).
- On recognised public holidays, you can choose another day off in lieu based on religious or ethical choice. That way you get to recognise the moments that matter most to you.
- We provide free access to a professional and personal development coach for one-on-one sessions for up to 2 hours per month. It’s completely optional, and it’s up to you if, when and how you use it.
- Take advantage of our $1,000 annual training and development budget. We want you to get the most out of your career.
- Select from a curated list of 40 external mentors that can support your career goals.
- Thriday has a flexible WFH policy but if you prefer coming into the office it is adjacent to the Shrine of Remembrance in Melbourne.
Driven by purpose
Helping businesses succeed is why we show up every day. We invest time into understanding what matters most in accomplishing our purpose, and use data to make sound decisions and determine the best course of action.
Committed to action
By setting clear goals we act with focus, determination, resilience and ownership to deliver our commitments. We keep moving forward in pursuit of the best outcomes and willingly take on worthwhile challenges.
We have the desire and autonomy to seek new ideas, try new things and take calculated risks that contribute to our customer’s success. We have ambition in our heart and always consider the possibilities, because what is good today won't be good enough for tomorrow.
Our enthusiasm to constantly learn, build knowledge and improve what we do means we can achieve anything. We grow together by tracking our performance, sharing constructive feedback, collectively adopting a growth mindset and see our mistakes as an opportunity to learn and grow. If we Thriday so will our customers.
In trust we thrive
We empower each other and our partners to perform with confidence and creativity, believing those who are closest to the decision will make the best decisions. We are always honest and transparent and expect the same in return and genuinely recognize the efforts and achievements of others. Trust bonds us together.
We believe that diversity is critical to our success. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Something looks off?