Lead Backend Engineer (C#)
Thriday is a revolutionary new platform that combines everything a business needs to grow into one seamless and automated solution, which leverages AI & ML fed by a real-time stream of data. No legacy systems, no antiquated technology - just a fresh new approach that is completely serverless. Moving beyond microservices into nanoservices, in a highly scalable environment, we are already well beyond where most banks and fintechs are.
Thriday acts like a CFO in your pocket, providing the fastest way for small businesses to manage their banking, accounting and tax obligations, helping to win back time for busy business owners to plan for their future with real confidence.
We had a record-breaking capital raise, crowdfunding a greater amount than any Australian technology company on record with over 500 investors, including major VCs and many small businesses. We’re a highly organised and efficient startup, that is product-led and customer-led. If you care about building great products that can help people, we would love to speak with you!
Who we are looking for
A super talented Lead Backend Engineer (C#) who is ready to develop highly performant web services for the Thriday suite of websites and apps. The role will offer a visible impact in a dynamic, fast-moving environment, balance business necessity with technical excellence and product creativity. Thriday operates using a squad-based model, where a dedicated team of product, design and engineers work to build out features on the roadmap. In this role you will be responsible for managing the API development for these features. It's great role for someone who likes to work in a collaborative and agile team environment.
- 5+ years of experience in API development with C# and integration with Azure services
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Good understanding of SQL, including database structure and stored procedures
- Experience working with CosmosDB
- Experience working with Azure Functions and serverless, event-driven architectures
- Experience with unit testing frameworks, code coverage and static code analysis
- Experience working as part of an Agile development team and leading a small team
- Worked with Azure DevOps
- Experience with Azure AD B2C, APIM and Front Door configuration.
- Design the architecture to cache data efficiently on the backend to speed up response times.
- Manage the web services technology stack and roadmap in collaboration with the product team.
- Mentor other developers
- Master and implement API unit testing, mocking, code reviews and partner API integrations.
- Regularly analyse and enhance performance, architecture design and code deployments.
- Setup advanced API telemetry and performance monitoring including alerting systems.
- Maintain the most up-to-date security protocols and tools.
- Ability to work with partners and document API plans in detail.
- Adopt best practices for Azure DevOps Test Plans.
What success looks like
In the first month, you will get into the core of product, building a strong knowledge base, and identifying improvements both to the product and how we build and ship quality APIs. We want your fresh perspectives and best-in-class practices to permeate throughout the engineering team.
In the next few months, you will start executing against our North Star objectives, elevating our product to the next level and supporting the launch of our exciting roadmap of new features. Most importantly, you will become a key focal point of our organisation, and a key component of our future success.
You will be directly reporting to the Lead Software Engineer/Architect and work closely with our CTO, Chief Data Officer, and Head of Product and will act as a platform and API expert. Your valued input and ideas will positively impact the current and future operations of the company.
At Thriday we really value our employees and strive to continuously provide the best benefits which we are constantly adding to:
- Standard five weeks annual leave (25 days) per year. This gives you enough time to refresh, recharge and be your best self.
- We offer an additional 5 days of “life leave” which can be used for when life gets busy (moving house, mental health days, menstruation days etc).
- On recognised public holidays, you can choose another day off in lieu based on religious or ethical choice. That way you get to recognise the moments that matter most to you.
- We provide free access to a professional and personal development coach for one-on-one sessions for up to 2 hours per month. It’s completely optional, and it’s up to you if, when and how you use it.
- Take advantage of our $1,000 annual training and development budget. We want you to get the most out of your career.
- Select from a curated list of 40 external mentors that can support your career goals.
- Thriday has a flexible WFH policy but if you prefer coming into the office it is adjacent to the Shrine of Remembrance in Melbourne.
Driven by purpose
Helping businesses succeed is why we show up every day. We invest time into understanding what matters most in accomplishing our purpose, and use data to make sound decisions and determine the best course of action.
Committed to action
By setting clear goals we act with focus, determination, resilience and ownership to deliver our commitments. We keep moving forward in pursuit of the best outcomes and willingly take on worthwhile challenges.
We have the desire and autonomy to seek new ideas, try new things and take calculated risks that contribute to our customer’s success. We have ambition in our heart and always consider the possibilities, because what is good today won't be good enough for tomorrow.
Our enthusiasm to constantly learn, build knowledge and improve what we do means we can achieve anything. We grow together by tracking our performance, sharing constructive feedback, collectively adopting a growth mindset and see our mistakes as an opportunity to learn and grow. If we Thriday so will our customers.
In trust we thrive
We empower each other and our partners to perform with confidence and creativity, believing those who are closest to the decision will make the best decisions. We are always honest and transparent and expect the same in return and genuinely recognize the efforts and achievements of others. Trust bonds us together.
We believe that diversity is critical to our success. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Something looks off?